Returns & Refund
Return & Refund Policy:
COOLING OFF PERIOD
In accordance with Section 44 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 (“ECT Act”) you are entitled to cancel your purchase within seven (7) calendar days after date of receipt of the good(s) and obtain a full refund (excluding the courier fees) within 7 calendar days thereafter.
- Products which by reason of their nature cannot be returned (including electronic vouchers) due to the fact that the security seal was tampered with and/or the product has been used.
Non-defective hardware (such as optical drives, motherboards, speakers, etc) must be returned in their original, un-opened packaging to be able to be returned for a refund.
Products which are NOT defective or damaged, but which you want to return for whatever reason, may be returned within seven (7) calendar days of delivery, as explained above in the “Cooling Off Period” section.
Should an opened/un-sealed product be returned, a 20% handling fee will be charged. The product(s) also needs to be in a resalable condition. Products that are returned with missing items (such as manuals, warranty cards, accessories and other materials belong to that item) will not be credited/ refunded.
In both COOLING OFF PERIOD and NON-DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS, the products must be returned within seven (7) calendar days. All products must be returned to Green Onion Technology in their original packaging. The cost of returning the products will be solely at your expense. Should a product be damaged while in transit to Green Onion Technology, we will not be liable for the damage nor will Green Onion Technology be able to credit you.
DEFECTIVE / DAMAGED / UNSUITABLE PRODUCTS
All products are covered by the manufactures prescribed warranty, which is typically 1 year from date of receipt, unless otherwise specified.
If you find that your product is defective/faulty or unsuitable for the purpose indicated in the product description (in summary “Defective”) and within six (6) months of receiving the product, please notify Green Onion Technology via email or telephone and Green Onion Technology will arrange to have the product returned.
If the product is found to be defective, you are entitled to either
- Have the product repaired or replaced
Should you wish to have the product repaired or replaced, we will return the repaired/replaced product to you at your expense.
If the product is found NOT to be defective, you will be liable for the costs incurred in having the product returned to Green Onion Technology and then re-delivered to you.
Please note: The following issues/problems will NOT render the product defective and will not entitle you to any repair, replacement or refunds:
- faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
- physical damage to the product;
- when you, or someone unauthorised by Green Onion Technology, has altered, damaged or removed the warranty seal(s) and/or screw(s);
- hardware or software (including operating systems, applications, games, etc) that is not compatible with your system and/or existing hardware.
- Photographic equipment which shows evidence of impact, sand, liquid or moisture damage, dropping, mishandling or tampering, battery or chemical corrosion, damage caused by connected equipment or used contrary to the applicable instruction manual.
If you find that your product is defective after six (6) months of receiving the product and within the manufacturer warranty, you can arrange to have this product returned to Green Onion Technology (at your expense) by notifying us via email or telephone.
If the product is found to be defective, Green Onion Technology will either:
- Replace the product or
- Repair the product
Should the product no longer be sold, you will have the option to either:
- Replace the product with another product (fees may apply) or
- Have the product credited.
Should you wish to have the product credited, Green Onion Technology will credit you for a replacement of equal value.
Assessments and repairs are carried out by the approved repair centres and may take up to 6 weeks.
The final decision on the status of “defective” products is made by the manufacturer. However, if we feel that this decision is incorrect or unfair we will replace the product ourselves.
A refund may be requested within 7 (Seven) days of receipt.